LindaHilton

Jon Krakauer
The Power of Myth
Joseph Campbell, Bill Moyers
Progress: 20 %
Portrait on Wicker (Judith McCain #2) - Peggy Holloway Disclaimer: I obtained a digital copy of this book when it was offered free on Amazon. I do not know the author nor have I had any communication with her regarding this book or anything else. I have not been compensated in any way for this review. I am an author.

Portrait on Wicker is apparently the second in a series of mystery/thrillers by Peggy Holloway. I've not read the first. Maybe that put me at a disadvantage as far as backstory goes, but the writing in this book is so lackluster that I didn't really care.

As a reader and as a writer, I read for more than just story. If the writing isn't polished and professional, I have a difficult time engaging with the narrative. This is just blah, all tell and no show. Maybe instead of spewing out one book after another, Ms. Holloway should actually learn how to write fiction. It's not at all like writing technical manuals.