LindaHilton

Jon Krakauer
The Power of Myth
Joseph Campbell, Bill Moyers
Progress: 20 %
Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead - Sheryl Sandberg First of all, I'm really tired of the condescending attitude of people who have made billions and billions and billions while doing absolutely nothing.

But second of all, I am fucking livid that they can't fucking spell.

Really and truly, take a look at your fucking banner ad on Goodreads. That's right, the ad that gets blasted into my eyes every time I log onto the site.

CHALLANGES?????

CHALLANGES????

CHALLANGES????

I rip SPAs new assholes for their crappy spelling and grammar. I expect, DEMAND, better than "challanges" from a traditionally published book and author and publisher.

Edited about 14 hours later to add:

Someone finally corrected the spelling. All day long it's been incorrect but now, around 10:30 Pacific Daylight Time, it's been corrected.

I don't want to take credit for it, because I'm sure I'm not the only person who noticed it. But neither am I going to apologize for the tone of my earlier comments.

It's one thing to have a few typos in a book; even with my attitude I don't expect perfection. But a banner advertisement on a website dedicated to the written word should damn well be perfect. We're talking big bold letters at the top of the page, designed and placed to catch the reader's eye. Well, they sure caught my eyes this morning. And they did not make a good first impression.