Reader, Writer, Merciless Reviewer and Incurable Romantic
Bots and Spammers are routinely purged.
Well, it was an exciting start to the morning.
BF nearly burned the house down. Literally.
He has a coconut oil cream that he puts on his hands in the morning. Today it was chilly, so he did what he occasionally does: He put the plastic jar in the microwave for half a minute to soften it. He covered the open jar with a piece of paper towel -- because that's what he does -- and in about two seconds, the paper towel was burning.
He panics, yells at me to open the back door to let the dogs out, then finally shuts the microwave off and lets the paper towel burn. When it was almost finished, he opened the microwave door and contemplated how to take the jar of cream out. I handed him a pair of tongs.
As soon as he removed the jar and set it on the counter, I told him, "Well, that's why. You've still got some foil on the edge of the jar."
When he had torn off the safety seal from the jar, he hadn't removed every last bit of the foil, and that's what caused the fire.
His response? An appreciative "Wow, good for you. I never would have thought about that, but you're absolutely right."
Apparently this was the first time he had ever microwaved this particular jar; the others had all been clean of the foil edge.
I think he'll be more careful now.
Tomorrow we are going rock hunting.