LindaHilton

Reader, Writer, Merciless Reviewer and Incurable Romantic

Bots and Spammers are routinely purged.

The Summer Tree
Isabel Allende
History of Witchcraft in England from 1558 to 1718
Wallace Notestein

Looking for Recommendations

I discovered a small bit of bonus Amazon money yesterday and decided to spend it on MYSELF.  I know I have gift money coming, too, but this $30 and change is a bit special.

I decided to spend it on Kindle books that I might not otherwise have bought, so I'm looking for recommendations in the following categories:

1.  Historical romance, any setting except genre Regency unless it's really special.

2.  Classic-style Gothic romance, contemporary or historical, but not paranormal romance (see #3)

3.  Epic fantasy, including multi-volume series. Doesn't have to be romance-y, but okay if it is, and bonus points for strong female characters. (I know there's likely some overlap between PNR and EF, so hit me with your recs!)

Even though I've read extensively in historical romance, I haven't read everything, and especially not in the past 20 years.  So any and all recommendations, regardless whether you think I MIGHT have read it or not, are welcome and encouraged.  New books, old books, public domain freebies, it doesn't matter.  Your favorites, your comfort reads, let me know.

I'm setting myself a personal goal of 10,000,000 words for 2019.  Based on an average of 70K words, that's roughly 140-150 books, fewer of course for longer works.  My personal collection would suit this just fine, but this thirty bucks is burning a hole in my cyber pocket and I want to buy some books with it!