LindaHilton

Reader, Writer, Merciless Reviewer and Incurable Romantic

Bots and Spammers are routinely purged.

The Summer Tree
The House of the Spirits
Isabel Allende
History of Witchcraft in England from 1558 to 1718
Wallace Notestein

Reading progress update: I've read 1 out of 232 pages.

Taming A Duke's Reckless Heart: Victorian Historical Romance - Tammy Andresen

Disclosure:  I obtained the Kindle edition of this book when it was offered free on 17 June 2018.  I do not know the author nor have I ever communicated with her about this book or any other matter.  I am an author of historical and contemporary romances and assorted non-fiction.

I wasn't going to do this review as a standard "currently reading" status update process, but a single page was enough to change my mind.

Without going back into my BookLikes archives, I can't post the link, but I'm pretty sure I posted about the obvious error months ago, probably when I acquired the book.

In addition to that, however, the formatting is a distraction.  That big fat florid M doesn't belong there.  I can't stop seeing it, can't get over the fact that it's . . . wrong.

One page.  One Kindle page.

And I'm thinking of the opening scene of another book, with another young lady surrounded by all her admirers and being a little bit bored by it.

I'm also feeling a huge distance between myself as reader and this Piper person.  I'm not in the scene.  I'm reading, not experiencing.