LindaHilton

Reader, Writer, Merciless Reviewer and Incurable Romantic

Bots and Spammers are routinely purged.

The Summer Tree
Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith
Jon Krakauer
The House of the Spirits
Isabel Allende

Reading progress update: I've read 1 out of 232 pages.

Taming A Duke's Reckless Heart: Victorian Historical Romance - Tammy Andresen

Disclosure:  I obtained the Kindle edition of this book when it was offered free on 17 June 2018.  I do not know the author nor have I ever communicated with her about this book or any other matter.  I am an author of historical and contemporary romances and assorted non-fiction.

I wasn't going to do this review as a standard "currently reading" status update process, but a single page was enough to change my mind.

Without going back into my BookLikes archives, I can't post the link, but I'm pretty sure I posted about the obvious error months ago, probably when I acquired the book.

In addition to that, however, the formatting is a distraction.  That big fat florid M doesn't belong there.  I can't stop seeing it, can't get over the fact that it's . . . wrong.

One page.  One Kindle page.

And I'm thinking of the opening scene of another book, with another young lady surrounded by all her admirers and being a little bit bored by it.

I'm also feeling a huge distance between myself as reader and this Piper person.  I'm not in the scene.  I'm reading, not experiencing.