LindaHilton

Reader, Writer, Merciless Reviewer and Incurable Romantic

Bots and Spammers are routinely purged.

The Summer Tree
Isabel Allende
SPOILER ALERT!

Halloween Bingo 2018 - CREEPY CARNIVALS

Carnival Moon (Covencraft) - Margarita Gakis

Disclosure:  This is one of the thousands of Kindle freebies in my collection.  I don't know the author, have never had any communication with her about this book or any other matter.

Okay, so I read this for Halloween Book Bingo because it was short and I wanted to have at least one square blocked on my card!

This is obviously part of a series and because I haven't read any of the other entries in the series, I wasn't exactly sure what was going on.  Jade is a witch, but sort of in training and at the bottom of the witchery totem pole as a result.  Sometimes she has to clean sewers of discarded spells and spell materials.

Her mentor is Paris, who appears to be an older male witch, but I'm not really sure.  I guess all the explanatory information is in the other parts of the series.

Jade is invited to attend a celebration "carnival" hosted by the local band of werewolves.  I'm not sure why she was selected for this honor, but apparently there used to be bad blood (sic) between the witch community and the various shifters in this locale.  They send her special clothes and everything.

She has a good time, the werewolves like her, and that's about it.  There's no real story, no plot, no tension, no nothing.

There's little description of Jade or Paris, or their relationship, or any background.  The writing was more or less competent, other than the usual all-too-common errors like "stationary" that should have been "stationery" and "chaise lounge," among others.  It's not great writing, it's not much of a story, but it fits for the Bingo and I got it done!