Just to give you some ideas of what things look like.
1. One of the few large slices of petrified wood I have. It's thicker than usual, and the pattern isn't the best, but this is a nice, typical red color. The sun was so bright that I couldn't keep the slabs wet long enough to take photos; as soon as I sprayed them, they immediately started to dry.
This one is about five inches across.
2. Brazilian agate with natural red outer rings, and crystal center. This is fairly small, about 3 1/2 inches, and very thin. Again, the sun was so bright and hot that I couldn't keep the stone wet to bring out the details.
This is a piece of jewelry made from another slice of this same material. It shows the details a little better.
3. Brazilian agate slice, undyed, pale lavender This one is about 2 1/2 inches by the longest dimension.
4. Brazilian agate, undyed, about 4 inches by longest dimension.
5. Brazilian agate, undyed, about 2 1/2 inches by longest dimension.
Pendant made from another slice of the same stone.
6. Green Moss agate, from India. I love this stuff! I have way more than I will ever be able to use, but I still love it. It's plentiful and very inexpensive. A five or six-inch slice can be purchased for $!5 or less.
Again, I couldn't get good photos because the sun evaporated the water as soon as I sprayed it, but you can easily find lots of pics online. The green is much darker in person; the sun just bleached the photo.
And a pendant from similar material.