LindaHilton

The Looking-Glass Portrait
Progress: 61/61 pages
Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith
Jon Krakauer

Reading progress update: I've read 14 out of 276 pages.

The Isle of Glass - Judith Tarr

Full disclosure:  I have never met the author, Judith Tarr, in person, but we are "friends" on Twitter and she lives not too terribly far from me here in Arizona.  We chat about many things, including writing in general, but I've never discussed this or any of her books with her.  I first reviewed the second book in this trilogy, The Golden Horn, when I was reviewing for the now long-defunct magazine Rave Reviews in about 1987 or 1988.  I still have the hardcover edition I received from the publisher.  I would later read this book, The Isle of Glass, borrowed from the library; I now own a paperback edition purchased at a Friends of the Library booksale.  I have just now purchased the Kindle edition of the third volume of the trilogy at full retail price.

I had been planning to read and review this book as part of a summer reading program, and because I knew it was set in a somewhat mythical medieval England, I thought the re-read of The Well at the World's End would be a fitting preparation . . . and comparison.  Though I've really only just started Tarr's book, I'm seeing the elements, and I think it's going to be glorious fun.