LindaHilton

The Looking-Glass Portrait
Progress: 61/61 pages
Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith
Jon Krakauer

Reading progress update: I've read 48%.

The Well At The World's End: Volume II - Lin Carter, William Morris

Prior updates:

I'm finally able to read for more than a few minutes at a time, though the back spasms are not completely gone.  I had to run out to the grocery store, but I bought only what was absolutely necessary.  Now I've turned on the heating pad once again, probably for the rest of the afternoon.  Yesterday I was about 57% back to normal, but today I only feel about 50%.  We'll see how the day goes.

As for The Well at the World's End, it plods along.  Our hero Ralph is finally getting some information about the route to take for his quest, but it's pretty ridiculous that half the book is either background or narrative of a "this happened, then this happened, then this happened" style.  Ralph proceeds along the road to wherever he's going, and that's about it.

Morris does, however, maintain his voice and style, and it's going to be interesting to me to see how this, one of his last works, holds up against some of the earlier ones, which I have not yet read.