LindaHilton

The Looking-Glass Portrait
Progress: 61/61 pages
Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith
Jon Krakauer

Lost some sleep, found some rocks

The new water heater and the new water softener have been hooked up and appear to be operating properly.  Due to a couple of really bizarre problems with the water heater, BF negotiated a significant discount on that purchase, which eased the financial impact, but the total remained extremely painful.

Needless to say, I did not sleep well last night.  I got in some substantial reading time that helped me fall asleep at a decent hour, but slight noises woke me well before 3:00 a.m.  I read, I journaled, I let the dogs out, but I couldn't get back to sleep, so finally got up a little before 7:00 to run a bunch of errands.

It's all little stuff.  Pay some bills, buy a few groceries and dog food. Pick up stuff at the hardware store to repair a leaky toilet and some other minor household things.  But it ate up one hour, two hours, three hours, four hours.

A trip to the workshop to put some things away resulted in the re-discovery of some rocks I'd forgotten about.  This happens all too often.

However, I received information about a potential new art show in the fall, a show that could almost have been designed with me in mind.  So I got my application in right away.  No guarantee that I'll get in, but at least I tried.

I have to find a way to get rid of these damn rocks!!!!