LindaHilton

Reader, Writer, Merciless Reviewer and Incurable Romantic

Bots and Spammers are routinely purged.

The Summer Tree
Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith
Jon Krakauer
The House of the Spirits
Isabel Allende
I'm reblogging my own post because I'm still having major problems.

This book still doesn't show up in search, not when I search for "The Maya" -- I get Maya Angelou and Maya Banks -- nor when I search for Michael Coe.

Even though I added a title page cover for it, that cover has disappeared from my listing for this book. The green dust jacket that Murder by Death found was, I thought, added as a replacement, but it now shows nowhere.

This is ONE BOOK. I own this book. I can take photos of it, I can make a video of me holding it. There is no reason why this existing book should not be searchable.

I no longer know what to do. Another BookLikes member has posted that she's leaving out of frustration. I don't want to leave. I'm banned from Goodreads. Amazon is gone. Facebook is now toxic.

And BookLikes, which is poised to make a huge move to fill a huge void, seems unwilling to do anything.

This is ONE BOOK. And after all these months, ONE BOOK isn't fixed.

Am I using "Search" wrong? Or is there a problem?

Reblogged from Linda Hilton:

If I search for a title "The Maya," I get books by Maya Angelou and Maya Banks, but nothing like the title I'm looking for.

If I search on author "Michael Coe," I get books with Michael in the title or any author named Michael.

I added the book because the existing entry is for another edition but under the wrong author name.

Half an hour to enter ONE BOOK.