LindaHilton

Reader, Writer, Merciless Reviewer and Incurable Romantic

Bots and Spammers are routinely purged.

The Summer Tree
Jon Krakauer
The House of the Spirits
Isabel Allende

Stuff. And more stuff.

UPDATE AT THE END.  (It's hopeless.)

A friend and I were commiserating over all the little things that were falling apart in our lives -- selves not included -- and it seemed the list was mutual and never-ending.  The washer, the water softener, the R.O. filtration system, a leaky pipe here, a leaky pipe there, car tires and other vehicle issues, a toaster or an iron or a coffeemaker or some other small appliance that needs to be replaced.  And money doesn't grow on mesquite trees.

So this afternoon BF was trying to make a temporary fix to the R.O. system to last until we make a decision about replacing it, and he needed some pipe cleaners.  I thought I might have some stashed away somewhere, so I went looking.  And looking.  And looking.  No pipe cleaners turned up, but i discovered all kinds of forgotten STUFF that simply needs to go in the trash.

Of course, I didn't have time right then to sort through it.  But it's sitting there in the back of my head, and since BF is gone for the evening and I don't have to cook, this may be an evening for a sandwich and a bowl of pop corn while I sort through STUFF.

The drawers of my desk were full when we moved from Indiana to Arizona in 1985.  Though I have thrown away things to make room for . . . other things, those desk drawers have not actually had any spare space in them for 32 years.  That may change tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I started with one desk drawer.  Some items in the drawer were easy choices for the trash can, and I immediately tossed them there.  I found a few other things to pitch, as well.  It wasn't a lot, but it was something.

So why was it that after I threw things away, there was LESS ROOM in the drawer than before I started?