LindaHilton

The Power of Myth
Joseph Campbell, Bill Moyers
Progress: 20 %

Why DNF after 3%?

Disclosure: I obtained the Kindle edition of this book when it was offered free on Amazon. I do not know the author nor have I ever communicated with her about this book or any other matter. I am an author of romance fiction.

I love both historical and contemporary gothic romances. The last two historical romances I wrote for traditional publication contained significant gothic elements, and might have had more if it weren't for editorial interference.

So why would I give up on a historical gothic romance in the classic tradition after reading only three percent? There were no major errors of historical detail, nor were there tons of grammatical errors. Both of those problems would cause me to give up on a book almost immediately. (Like the book I tried a week or so ago in which a character "struck a flint to the bedside candle.")

The problem with this book was that it was just plain boring. I would tell you more about it, but BookLikes is so dysfunctional right now that I don't feel like putting any more effort into this review. No formatting bar. Can't link to the book. No star rating. What gives, guys?

Is ANYTHING working here? This is very frustrating. It's been going on for weeks now, and I'm not sure that it's getting any better. We've asked for specifics so we know what's going on and what to expect, but all we get are vague statements about ongoing efforts and general apologies.

That's not fair to your users. Just like this review isn't fair, to the author, to the readers, to the BookLikes community.