LindaHilton

The Power of Myth
Joseph Campbell, Bill Moyers
Progress: 20 %

I'm on Google Earth

On 30 December 2014, I went on a little rockhunting expedition, which I detailed here.  I hadn't been out to that location, known as "the Chickenman place," for just about exactly 10 years, so a day or so ahead of time I checked with Google maps and Google Earth to make sure there hadn't been any major road changes.  There had been no changes, and everything at the site looked normal, just the way it had 10 years ago.  I left the house about 9:00 a.m.,arrived at my destination with no problems around 11:00 a.m., and proceeded to pick up some really neat rocks.  Since then I've purchased the new saw and started slicing those rocks to -- eventually -- make jewelry.

Last week I started having some computer problems, probably a virus that escaped McAfee's detection.  (Surprised?  Not.)  A work-around was devised, but the problems haven't been completely resolved.  I was extremely stressed out, so when BF got things back to reasonable functionality this past Wednesday night, I relaxed by checking out some of the other programs on the computer, including Google Earth.  Just for fun.  Idle play.

But this time when I went to "the Chickenman place," something was different.

As you can see in the lower right hand corner, the image date is 30 December 2014.

That's my white 2000 Chevy S-10 Blazer; the silhouette clearly shows the rear-mounted spare tire.

And down there around 4:00/4:30/5:00 from the vehicle is  . . . . Me!