LindaHilton

Reader, Writer, Merciless Reviewer and Incurable Romantic

Norman Lewis Omnibus: A Dragon Apparent; Golden Earth; and a Goddess in the Stones
Norman Lewis
Jon Krakauer
The Power of Myth
Joseph Campbell, Bill Moyers
Progress: 20 %

5%, and I'm having doubts (though the digital cover is better)

The Legacy of the Key - S.L. Morgan

Maybe I'm too old for this kind of book, but I just don't understand Reece, the protagonist.  And there are so many other things that don't sit right, if you know what I mean.

Reece's father died, so she quit school in San Diego and transferred to Temple University in Philadelphia where she's in med school.  But she doesn't act like a med student.  There's no intellectual curiosity about the bizarre things that start happening to her.

She gets on a plane to go back to California and something happens to the plane requiring it to turn around and go back to Philly.  Instead of transferring the passengers and their luggage to another plane to resume the flight, it's just rescheduled for the next day.  And Reece has no reaction.  But neither do any of the other passengers.

Writing mechanics are reasonably clean, no obvious problems there, but I'm just not being sucked into the story the way I want to be.

Maybe it will get better.  Or maybe not.