LindaHilton

Reader, Writer, Merciless Reviewer and Incurable Romantic

Norman Lewis Omnibus: A Dragon Apparent; Golden Earth; and a Goddess in the Stones
Norman Lewis
The Power of Myth
Joseph Campbell, Bill Moyers
Progress: 20 %

So what happens now?

As some of you may know, I turned in my required two-week notice on the day job yesterday.  As of 1 December 2014, I will be a free, albeit potentially impoverished, woman.

One thing I'm going to do is read more.  I have a stockpile of books -- no, I am not a hoarder, so stop saying that! -- and an eagerness to plunge into them.  Some will probably be not-so-good, because to be honest a lot of them are author-published freebies from Amazon.  A steady diet of crap would poison anyone, and so I intend to neutralize the effect by reading the many, many wonderful books, regardless of publishing model, I've only been able to sample over the past several years.

Another thing I'm going to do is start my own belated NaNoWriMo.  For most people December would be a terrible month, what with holidays and everything, but I don't have any of that to deal with this year.  All my family is way out of town and staying there this year, so I should have the whole month to myself.  My intention is to end 2014 with at least 50,000 words on a new novel.  (I sneaked in the first 100 or so this morning.)

It's been a little more than three and a half years since I came out of my mostly self-imposed exile from writing.  I have to admit I expected to have written a lot more in three and a half years than I have.  Oh, plenty of words have flowed from my pesky little fingers on the keyboard, but they haven't always been the ones I wanted.

First on my post-day-job agenda, however, is to ramp up my arts and crafts production.  Actually, that has already started, since I have the last of my pre-holiday shows this coming week-end, and at least four more scheduled for early 2015.

As terrified as I am about having cut the financial tether to the day job, I'm also so excited about my creative self being finally unleashed that I woke up at 2:30 this morning with an eagerness I haven't felt in a very long time.